Online mindfulness courses for those with long-term illness or pain
We run various courses for those experiencing specific long-term illnesses or pain as well as more general courses. We are currently running a course for those with Multiple Sclerosis… read on for details. Please contact Claire to ask about other similar courses.
Course: Online mindfulness for those with Multiple Sclerosis
Time: Wednesdays 10 am -12 noon on zoom
(please note that the first session will go on half an hour longer to 12.30)
Dates: 10th Jan 2024 – 6th March 2024 (no session 14th Feb)
Content: 8 weeks of course teaching, guided meditations and small group discussions, link to meditations to use at home
Cost: £36 (subsidised by Surrey MS Society)
About the Course:
This an award-winning Breathworks Mindfulness for Health course, that will give you tools and skills to live well with your MS.
There will be 8 zoom lessons which include teaching, class discussion, guided meditations (non-religious) and there will be a tea/coffee break plus you can take extra breaks if you need.
What will I learn?
- Mindfulness and compassion skills in your daily life
- How to meditate
- Transformative breath and body awareness to release tension and relax
- Supportive gentle mindful movement practices, (suitable for those with reduced mobility)
- How to live well with pain, fatigue and other symptoms
- To live in the present moment
- How to take pleasure in small everyday things
- Pacing and how to break boom/bust cycles
Daily home practice – 20 mins to follow a recorded meditation.
There will be 6-14 people on the course and a supportive environment in which to learn.
If you would like to have a chat about the course to find out more before committing, please contact Claire.
What Previous participants said:
“Everyone with MS should do this course”