If you had told me 10 years ago that I would be teaching ‘mindfulness’ I would not have believed you. I am a general practitioner by training with a scientific approach to life. I first heard about mindfulness many years ago and was interested because of the growing medical evidence about its effectiveness. It was worth investigating, I decided.
My initial scepticism was quickly overcome when I began to practise regularly, immediately feeling the benefits in my life. I have found mindfulness has completely changed the way I live and deal with the daily and long term pressures of disability in our family, and the stresses of life.
I have seen how it can transform lives and help people of all ages. Their personal situations and challenges have been different, but the positive impact of mindfulness has been significant.
Mindfulness is particularly helpful for those experiencing stress, anxiety, sleep difficulties, depression, chronic pain or long term mental and physical health conditions. (See Research)
- Mindfulness teacher training (TTR1 & 2) with Bangor University, a centre in mindfulness training.
- Breathworks accredited teacher- teaching mindfulness to those with pain and longterm conditions
- Mindfulness in Schools Project (MiSP) Mindfulness teacher training to teach 7-11 year olds and 11-18 year olds, and teachers ( .b and Paws b and .b foundations courses).
- Oxford University Mindfulness Masterclasses on teaching in non-clinical settings, in businesses and to the medical profession
- Teacher training day with Jon Kabat-Zinn
- Specialist MBCT training
- MBchB, DRCOG, DCH, MRCGP
- I have worked in the past as a general practitioner
- I am a member of the BAMBA, British Association of Mindfulness Based Approaches and follow the Good Practice Guidelines.
- I am supervised by a senior trainer from Bangor University and attend regular workshops and retreats.
- I am a member of the West Surrey Mindfulness Teachers Network – www.westsurreymindfulness.org.uk.
Please contact me if you would like to learn more about mindfulness, join a course or are interested in bringing mindfulness to your business, school or organisation.